11am – 4pm, Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th September
In the absence of the Fayre this summer (cancelled due to Covid), we anticipate that the perennially popular Front Garden Sale will be bigger and better than ever. Open and fee to all, why not join in and help maintain Brockley’s status as south east London’s undisputed Champion of Bric-a-Brac!
Last year, dozens of households in Brockley and Ladywell took part, and many more grabbed a bargain. With the support of the Ladywell Society, the Garden Sale expanded into new territories. This we are also joined by the St John’s Society, so we anticipate more stalls than ever. So why not delve into your cupboards and lofts, sheds and garages, to declutter and be part of a great community event? It’s completely free to take part, and you can participate on either or both days.
Although still nearly 2 months away, we are already receiving applications. To join them, please email us at the address shown below.
We’ve discovered that a great way to attract visitors to your stall is to try to form a small ‘cluster’ of addresses, together with your neighbours. This shows up on the map as a tempting bunch of stalls to be browsed with minimal walking in between, and draws in the visitors. Plus it’s a great way to meet your neighbours; why not talk to them about running or sharing a stall, on one or both days?
Nearer the time you can help promote the event by displaying a poster outside your house (download here), or get creative and make one of your own!
The final list of addresses taking part will be available for download here, from lunchtime on Friday 11th September. Be sure to return then and download it! We also plan to have an online map to help navigate around on the weekend.
How to take part:
- To be included on the list of addresses for the event, just send an email to:
- Make sure to include your name, house number, street, postcode and email address. State whether you want to be included for Saturday, Sunday or both days. NB: We will not publish your name or email address – just your address.
- To ensure your address is included on the map, please ensure you email us your details by 9am on Thursday 10th September. The map will be made available on the Friday.
- The Brockley Society, Ladywell Society and St Johns Society take no responsibility for items on sale.
- Goods are sold as seen: returns are at the discretion of the vendor.
- In the event of bad weather, each participant can decide whether or not to go ahead.